Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolutions 2012


Ahhh... my favorite time of the year, when goals and hopes and "what ifs" culminate in the ultimate list. I can hardly contain my glee when I start dreaming of all the things I want to accomplish during the coming year. Sure, it's true that year after year I make huge lists and usually only accomplish a handful of items, but I'm always proud of those few successes.

It's amazing what can happen in one year. As I looked over last year's list I could hardly believe where a few of my goals took me. Number one on my list was to finish writing my play with my mom and in the space of that year not only did we finish it, but saw it produced by an amazing theatre.

So this year I'm breaking up my list into "writing goals" and "everything else". I guess you can see what excites me by what made it on my list. And in contrast you can see where I already feel satisfied in my life. I don't have anything on my list about my family, but it's not because I don't adore them, it's simply that I feel completely content and happy when it comes to them.

So without further ado... my list:

"Writing Goals"
1. Write every day.
2. Revise YA novel "My Boyfriend the Dog" and submit.
3. Write new YA novel "The New Generation"
4. Write a screenplay during "Script Frenzy" in April
5. Blog once per week
6. Participate in NaNoWriMo again
7. Write in a sketchbook journal at least once a week
8. Read 75 books (I know this might not seem like a writing goal, but I think writing and reading go hand in hand)

"Everything Else"
1. Don't bite my nails (yes, I realize that I have this goal EVERY year)
2. Fix healthy dinners
3. Paint a series of figurative paintings
4. Write thank you notes
5. Clean 30 minutes a day
6. Be a vegetarian
7. Floss every day (yep, I admit that I don't floss every day)
8. Only have sugar in moderation

So what are your resolutions? Do you make a list every year?

No comments:

Post a Comment