Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Picture This



It isn't easy being an impatient person. Sure, you can take up biting your nails or cleaning, but even then you'll probably need something else to get you through the day. 

Recently, I've been waiting to hear back from my agent about some ideas for projects that I'm thinking of writing. One of the ideas is for a picture book. As an aside, I should mention that I've always wanted to write and illustrate (and although I've gotten to illustrate one nonfiction book and shelved one early attempt at a picture book, I've not thought about it much during the past few years). 

Last week I finished writing the manuscript to said picture book, which has been simmering in my imagination for years. Of course, I promptly sent it off to my agent to read, telling her that I wouldn't even think about starting any illustrations until I heard back that she liked the story. Yeah, that didn't exactly happen. 

I've realized that I'm just not content unless I'm creating something that excites me and, at the moment, the pictures for this little book were just the ticket to help me with my terrible impatience while I'm waiting to hear back about everything else. 


3 comments:

  1. Ooh, how fun! Let me know if you need a reader for that PB! :) You are one talented person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! The basset hound with his tummy hanging on the ground. And the man in the tub with goggles! Love it already.

    ReplyDelete